July 2011 – June 2012 Accomplishments
Alberta Main Street is pleased to report the significant accomplishments achieved working together with our businesses, commercial property owners, community partners and local residents. We have many reasons to celebrate but still have more work to do, please help support our efforts!
New Jobs: Net increase of 75.5 new jobs created on NE Alberta Street.
New Business: Net increase of 8 new businesses between NE 10th – 31st Ave.
Increased Revenue: 80% of Alberta Street businesses with comparison data reported increased revenue from 2010 to 2011.
Vacancy Rate: The commercial vacancy rate on Alberta Street is 4.6% below the Portland regional average of 7%.
Community Investment: Volunteers contributed over 2400 hours of their time and talent. Based on the Independent Sector’s value of volunteer time this equates to a cash equivalent investment of $53,832.
- Commissioned the design & installation of seven (7) new public art pieces
- Assisted in the development of the Portland Main Street Design Handbook
- Increased communications with businesses & community stakeholders.
- Website: unique visitors to albertamainst.org increased 205%.
- eNewsletter: Increased subscribers 380% with an 41% open rate and a 42% click-thru rate. (Nonprofit national average open rate is 13% and national average click-thru rate is 1.6%. (Source: 2012 eNonprofit Benchmarks Study)
- Hosted 2011 holiday shop local, shop late & Tannenbaum Madness
- Developed partnership with The Art Institute of Portland to implement “Storefront Takeover: Students Unleashed”
- Hosted second annual Day district clean up engaging over 150 community volunteers
- Hosted the 15th Annual Alberta Street Fair engaging over 100 volunteers
Business Development Committee
- Hosted six small business seminars (established February 2011)
- Conducting district scale market analysis including collecting data from over 70 business and property owners and over 550 residents and customers.
we’re up to
we’re up to
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page.