Call for Performers
Now accepting applications!
Saturday August 10, 2013
11:00 AM – 9:30 PM
hours vary per stage
40 minute sets
Our selection process for performers is based on creativity, originality and diversity, with preference for local artists appropriate for a family friendly event. Sets are typically 40 minutes in length with 15 minutes between acts. Alberta Street Fair will provide monetary compensation for performers/acts negotiated prior to the event based on final budget numbers. Additionally, Alberta Street Fair will promote the event and provide areas for setting up merchandise at the event where artists will keep 100% of sales. All acts will be required to perform original material or works that are clearly in the public domain.
“Alberta Street Fair was a really great event. We had a gas and made new fans in the process.” Scott Eave, The Disappointments (2011 Performer)
About Alberta Street Fair: Alberta Street Fair is an annual community event hosted by Alberta Main Street that brings upwards of 20,000 people to Alberta Street. It is an opportunity to see old friends and neighbors as well as bring people to a district they might not otherwise visit. It is great fun! This year’s event will be filled with some performance surprises, as well as a nice schedule of music to enjoy and an active beer garden. There will be something for everyone. Alberta Street Fair is our largest community fundraiser ensuring the resources are available to continue the great things that happen…Only on Alberta.
About Alberta Main Street: Alberta Main Street is a non-profit community organization dedicated to advancing efforts to develop Alberta Street as a vibrant, creative & sustainable commercial district serving residents and visitors to our community. We believe that a neighborhood business district is not just a place, it is a symbol. A symbol of the economic health of our community, a symbol of the quality of life of the people who live there. Vibrant communities don’t just happen – they need a vision, they need leadership, they need coordination and they need participation by all members of the community.
Benefits of Performing at Alberta Street Fair:
First and foremost you will have the opportunity to perform at one of Portland’s best-attended Street Fairs in one of Portland’s coolest neighborhoods! If that isn’t enough, depending on space and timing we will do everything to get you the fame and notoriety you deserve. These may include:
- Recognition on promotional materials
- Shout outs on our website and on facebook and twitter
- Promotion in our monthly electronic newsletter (sent to over 1600 people)
- Promotion on local radio
- Monetary compensation negotiated prior to the event
Alberta Street Fair expects performers to:
- Arrive an hour before scheduled time slot (TBA) for load in/sound check.
- Promote the event through Facebook, Myspace etc.
- Provide the stage manager with stage plot by requested date prior to event
- Bring all necessary equipment for the performance.
- Start & end performance on time
- Accept that Alberta Main Street will not be held responsible for any missing or stolen equipment should such an event take place.
Performers should expect Alberta Main Street to:
- Provide a full sound system during the performance
- Provide a legal space for the event to take place
- Promote the event widely
- Provide encouragement and appreciation for each performer’s creativity.
Thank you for your interest in sharing your talents with our community and supporting Portland’s creative endeavors!
>>APPLY NOW TO PERFORM AT ALBERTA STREET FAIR<<