Call for Performers
Thank you for your interest in performing at The 18th Annual Alberta Street Fair. The 2015 Call for Performers is now closed. This year’s event is shaping up to be our best one yet, thanks to the generosity of many local businesses, volunteers and of course, performers.
Our volunteer stage manager hopes to make booking decisions by late May/early June.
Have a great day,
Alberta Street Fair Coordinating Team
The 18th Annual Alberta Street Fair
Saturday August 8, 2015
11:00 AM – 9:30 PM
40 minute sets, hours vary per stage
Our selection process for performers is based on creativity, originality and diversity, with preference for local artists appropriate for a family friendly event. Sets are typically 40 minutes in length with 15 minutes between acts. Alberta Street Fair will provide monetary compensation for performers/acts negotiated prior to the event based on final budget numbers. Additionally, Alberta Street Fair will promote the event and provide areas for setting up merchandise at the event where artists will keep 100% of sales. All acts will be required to perform original material or works that are clearly in the public domain.
Alberta Street Fair: Alberta Street Fair is a community event hosted by Alberta Main Street that brings upwards of 20,000 people to Alberta Street. Alberta Street Fair is our largest fundraiser ensuring resources are available to continue the great things that happen on Alberta Street.
Alberta Main Street is a nonprofit community organization dedicated to advancing efforts to develop Alberta Street as a vibrant, creative, equitable, and sustainable commercial district serving residents and visitors to our community.
Benefits of Performing at Alberta Street Fair:
First and foremost you will have the opportunity to perform at one of Portland’s best-attended Street Fairs in one of Portland’s coolest neighborhoods! If that isn’t enough, depending on space and timing we will do everything to get you the fame and notoriety you deserve. These may include:
- Recognition on promotional materials
- Shout outs on our website and on facebook and twitter
- Promotion in our monthly electronic newsletter
- Promotion on local radio
- Monetary compensation negotiated prior to the event
Alberta Street Fair expects performers to:
- Arrive an hour before scheduled time slot for load in/sound check.
- Promote the event through Facebook, Myspace etc.
- Provide ASF stage manager with stage plot by requested date
- Bring all necessary equipment for the performance.
- Start & end performance on time
- Accept that Alberta Main Street will not be held responsible for any missing or stolen equipment should such an event take place.
Performers should expect Alberta Main Street to:
- Provide a full sound system during the performance
- Provide a legal space for the event to take place
- Promote the event widely
- Provide encouragement and appreciation for each performer’s creativity.
Thank you for your interest in sharing your talents with our community and supporting Portland’s creative endeavors!