Call to Artists
ALBERTA STREET HISTORICAL MARKERS PROJECT REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
Through this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Alberta Main Street (AMS), a nonprofit community and economic development organization, is seeking an artist or artist-led team interested in a collaborative process to develop permanent public artwork in the form of historical and cultural markers that honor and document the history of the African American community on Alberta Street and are inspired by stories collected from past and present African American community members.
The artist or artist team will work closely with AMS, the Historical Marker Leadership Committee (HMLC), and storytellers to create markers inspired by stories told by community members.
- Honor and commemorate the history of the African American community on Alberta Street
- Ensure authentic community involvement in creating a shared public space by engaging community members to highlight the unique history and character of our neighborhood
- Raise community awareness about African American history on Alberta Street
The Request for Qualifications (RFQ) provides information on the scope of the project and information to aid in preparing responses. AMS reserves the right to waive any or all formalities and to reject any or all responses if it determines it is in its best interest to do so.
How to Apply: RFQ responses should be submitted in one of the following ways. All materials must be submitted at the same time using the same method.
1. Email link to a Dropbox or Google folder containing all application materials to RFQ@albertamainst.org
2. Upload your files here
3. Mail or deliver response on a flash drive containing all materials as PDFs and deliver to: Alberta Main Street // 1722 NE Alberta St // Portland, OR 97211
AMS has engaged Diversa to manage this project.
Zoe Piliafas, Diversa