Program Goals, Applicant Eligibility and Project Eligibility
The goals of our matching mini grant program are to:
- Support improvements that increase storefront appeal and/or increase economic viability of businesses.
- Assist traditionally underserved populations so they may benefit from economic growth on Alberta Street.
- Accomplish the goals identified in our District Design Plan.
- Applicant must own a business and/or commercial property within the Alberta Main Street target area.
- Business tenants must have a minimum of two years remaining on their lease or an option to renew and have authorization from the property owner to apply for funding.
- Permanent Improvements - All projects must be permanent improvements that have a useful life of at least five years.
- Located Within Alberta Main Street Target Area - All business and property owners within the Alberta Main Street target area are eligible for funding. Boundaries include NE Alberta Street between NE 10th and 31st Avenues.
- Includes Maintenance Plan - All improvements funded must be maintained in good order (graffiti and vandalism dutifully repaired, landscaping maintained, etc.) for a minimum of five years.