Alberta Main Street is our committees!
We are actively seeking community stakeholders to serve on our committees! If you are interested contributing your time and expertise to Alberta Main Street, please complete our committee interest form.
Alberta Main Street Committee Descriptions
Length of Commitment: One Year
Time Commitment: Monthly meeting + an average 3-5 hours/month (see calendar for meeting dates and times)
Shared Committee Expectations:
- Read Main Street Committee Member Handbook & Other Materials
- Learn the Main Street Approach
- Recruit/orient new Committee Members (as needed)
- Prepare in advance for meetings
- Cooperatively draft annual work plan
- Take responsibility for projects
- Always represent Alberta Main Street positively in the public
- Participate in an organizational culture of philanthropy
Responsibilities: Responsible for getting Alberta Street into top physical shape including physical improvements to buildings, businesses and public space. Responsible for promoting Alberta Street as the center of commerce, culture and community life for both residents and visitors. Responsible for analyzing current economic condition & identifying opportunities for market growth, strengthening existing businesses & recruiting new, and supporting the overall health of the district. Responsible for promoting the program to stakeholders & the community, managing staff & volunteer program, raising money for activities & administration and managing the program’s finances.
Accomplishments: • Installed garbage & recycling receptacles
• Implemented a green facade improvement grant program
• Developed co-op advertising opportunity
• Hosted Tannenbaum Madness & Holiday Shop Local Shop Late, Earth Day District Clean Up and Alberta Street Fair
• Hosted a six part small business seminar series.
• Creating baseline market analysis for Alberta Street.
• Created communication systems: website & electronic newsletter.
• Created a donation structure for the organization.