July 2013 – June 2014 Accomplishments
Alberta Main Street is pleased to report the significant accomplishments achieved working together with our businesses, commercial property owners, community partners and local residents. We have many reasons to celebrate but still have more work to do, please help support our efforts!
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is responsible for establishing program policy, approving the annual program budget and determining the goals of the program. All Board Members have responsibility for governance, fundraising and being an ambassador of the program within the community. In addition to program oversight the Board:
• Hosted bi-monthly mixers inviting local leaders, business and property owners to network in an informal setting.
• Developed an Equity Strategy to ensure Alberta Main Street is fulfilling our mission and goals.
• Raised funds to support our programs and initiatives.
The Design committee is responsible for getting Alberta Street into tiptop physical shape including physical improvements to buildings, businesses and public space.
• Administered two rounds of small matching grants to business and commercial property owners to further district improvements within the public right of way.
• Worked with businesses and commercial property owners to strengthen efforts to mitigate graffiti.
The Promotion committee is responsible for promoting Alberta Street as the place to live, shop, eat and play for both residents and visitors.
• Coordinated the 16th Annual Alberta Street Fair – August 10, 2013
• Coordinated a joint sidewalk sale involving over 25 local businesses – September 14-15, 2013
• Coordinated the Trick or Treat Alberta Street, an event inviting local residents to trick or treat at neighborhood businesses – October 31, 2013
• Released the Only on Alberta Card Deck, a collaboration with local artist, Aaron Trotter
• Coordinated Lit Up & Local: A Month of Merriment on Alberta Street including a living tree lighting ceremony, Gnome for the Holidays and Sparkles & Sweets – December 2013.
• Host the fourth annual Earth Day district clean up – April 26, 2014
Business Development Committee
The Business Development committee is responsible for analyzing current economic condition and identifying opportunities for market growth, strengthening existing businesses, recruiting new, and supporting the overall health of the district.
• Released Alberta specific market data for existing business owners and people looking to open a business on Alberta Street
• Hosted bi-monthly small business seminars for small business owners.
• Tracked business data to evaluate the health of the district.
The Organization committee is responsible for promoting Alberta Main Street to stakeholders and the community, managing our volunteer program, fundraising and partnership development.
• Supported over 400 volunteers serving on our Board, committees and at our events.
• Increased communications with businesses & community stakeholders.