Alberta Main Street Work Plans
While the expectations for Alberta Main Street are high and we must also keep them realistic. To do this each of our committees and the Board create an annual work plan to guide their efforts.
We anticipate some of our short term accomplishments will include the following:
- Coordinate co-op advertising and other joint promotions
- Organize & host Tannenbaum Madness
- Organize & host the Earth Day District Clean Up and Golden Garbage Awards (April 21, 2012)
- Organize & host Alberta Street Fair (August 11, 2012)
- Establish a short term funding plan and a long term sustainable organizational fund development strategy
- Establish a volunteer program to support the work of the committees
- Ensure ongoing communication within the business district
- Develop a District Design Work Plan as a precursor to Design Guidelines
- Based on Design Plan, identify process, select and implement District Improvement Project
- Develop Alberta specific addendum to the Portland Main Street Design Handbook.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- Develop a District Sustainability Plan
- Host a small business seminar series
- Gather critical baseline data related to buildings & businesses on Alberta Street.
- Prepare a baseline market analysis of the target area and maintain up to date market data
- Ensure ongoing funding for Alberta Main Street
- Obtain independent 501(c)3 IRS designation
- Develop a 5 year strategic plan